Thursday, May 7, 2009

Copan, Utila and now Costa Rica

Hello all. So the last couple weeks have been a mix of awesome and crappy. After Antigua I headed to the Copan ruins in Honduras. They had some pretty amazing totems though the ruins didnt even compare to those in Tikal.

It was worth a day but I left after one day to make my way to Utila, one of the Bay Islands off the Carribian coast of Honduras. I will say now that was one of the best decisions I have made on this trip. The island turned out to be a blast, have great night life and a ton of bars, including the most unique bar I have ever seen (one pic that doesnt do it justice is below) and really good diving schools (that also happen to be the cheapest in the world). I spent 10 days there meeting other traveling divers from all over the world and getting my open water PADI certification as well as my Advanced Open Water NAI that allows diving down to 40 meters, night diving, ship wreck diving, current diving and a couple other specialties. Needless to say It was a blast. The only hard part was balancing drinking and diving as drinking doesnt go well with deep water diving. Sadly I had to leave a couple days ago though i could have stayed longer.

My trip has been screwed by the blasted swine flu in Mexico. I was planning on going though Belize and Mexico and flying out of Cancun but had to swithch my ticket to Costa Rica (all the other countries were over twice the price). As a result i have spent the last 4 days on buses finally arriving this morning in Puerto Viejo. Ill Be heading to Bocas Del Toro in Panama in a couple days then back to San Jose to fly home ont he 13th. See all all of you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment